Becca was one of the first kennel techs hired in 2012. After a 2 month hiatus, she returned as a Vet Tech. In 2019 Becca became Director as well as Animal Health Manager. She is a Rabun County native, married with two sons and one daughter.
Everett has a gift for loving animals and people... with a special heart for those that need it the most. He is great at pairing animals with their new family. Please call Everett to help you find your new family member.
As a veteran, Brandon brings organization and commitment to the difficult task of managing Animal Control for our partnership with Rabun County. He is patient with animals and the public and is bringing new ideas to this division of Paws.
Kris has been with the shelter for 5 1/2 years. She started as kennel tech then to lead kennel tech and now manager of the spay/neuter program. Kris is from Highlands, NC and graduated from Highlands High School.
When calling AC please leave a message... your call will be returned.
This is a summary and highlight of the ordinances in Rabun County.
For a full list of all ordinances go to Ordinances at http://rabuncounty.ga.gov.
RABUN COUNTY ANIMAL ORDINANCES
• Domestic animals (Cats and Dogs) At the age of 3 months of age must be vaccinated for Rabies. The animal must have the tag secured on the collar at all times.
• Dogs and cats running free within Rabun County must have a collar with the rabies tag and identification secured to the collar. The identification must have at LEAST the name, address
and phone number of the owner.
• It is unlawful for anyone to remove the collar of an animal unless that person is the owner.
• It is unlawful for anyone to keep a stray animal without notifying Animal Control.
• It is unlawful for anyone to knowingly abandon an animal with Rabun County.
• It shall be the duty of any animal owner to prevent the animal from being a nuisance.
• At no time may any person who surrenders an animal for adoption retrieve the animal.
MAKE SURE YOUR PETS TAGS HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
Name of the Owner Address of the Owner Phone Number
of the Owner
Reclaim Fees: Base Reclaim Fee - $50.00 / 2nd Time Reclaim Fee - $100.00 / 3rd Time Pick-Up - Court Summons
Daily fee for all animals picked up - $10.00
Come to the shelter for a microchip FREE till further notice, then $15 per pet.
Come to the shelter for an I.D. Tag for $5 per pet.